After having success expanding our lawn care service in Austin, TX and the surrounding area we’re looking to give back to next generation of entrepreneurs.
The Future of Texas Small Business Scholarship is our way of giving back to the Texas community. Small business is the backbone of the Texas economy and can lead to a very fulfilling life. If you’re thinking of starting your own small business after you graduate then this is the scholarship for you. If you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur in a booming Texas economy then then we’re willing to help you get past the first step – graduating college. Unfortunately, the hardest part is often simply paying for it. We’re willing to grant $1,000 to any student we believe has what it takes to lead the next generation of Texas entrepreneurs. If you have a great idea for a small business in mind then feel free to submit an application. We’re looking for creativity and a well thought out idea for a business.
The application entry will be open from July 20th, 2016 through November 30th, 2016. We will announce the recipient on January 1, 2017.
- You are a full-time student enrolled in a two year or four year institution or graduate program. This scholarship is open to all majors because anybody with the entrepreneurial itch has the ability start their own business.
- You currently own some sort of small business (family business counts), ran a small business in the past, or plan on starting any business upon graduating college.
- Your best characteristics are hard work, dedication, and perseverance.
If you fit the description then we’d love to hear from you.
What we need
Please send the following documents to [email protected]:
- A copy of your most recent transcript
- A copy of your updated resume
- An original 500-700 word essay on the following topic: “If you were to start your very own business tomorrow, what would be your product or service?”
We reserve the right to withhold the scholarship if we do not receive qualified applicants.